Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Short Story Sunday-#7

Valentines Day Writing Challenge!

I'm doing another writing challenge. Yippee! In this one I have to follow this set plot: Mailed valentine never arrives. Let's do this

   Charlie had picked out the best valentine for his girlfriend, Lizzy. He had found a box of chocolates with only one kind of chocolate, because she only liked milk. Piper told him that any other kind of chocolate just tastes weird. Charlie had also made a card by himself. It was pink and in the shape of a chocolate bar. On one side, he had written: Happy Valentines Day! Hopefully, you already knew that I loved you, but here's some chocolate to make sure! ~Charlie
   
   Now Charlie stood in front of the post office to mail it to her. He had written the address off a card she had given him a few weeks ago. Her handwriting was so fancy, that he could barely read it, but he was sure he had written the right address.
   When he reached the front of the line, they weighed the valentine. "Who's this for?" The lady at the counter asked.
   "My girlfriend, Lizzy." The lady nodded and put the valentine in a box of letters.
   "I know her. Great girl, she is. I hope she enjoys it. Next!" Charlie stepped away and out the door. The hard part was done. Now all he had to do was wait for her to receive it. He was so excited for her to get it tomorrow and tell him how much she loved it at school. He half skipped all the way home. Anyone who saw him might have thought he had just had his first kiss. But that had happened a while ago.

The next day at school, Charlie waited all day for Music class. That was the only one he had with her. When he did get there, she was waiting for him by his seat with a red card in her hand. 
   "Hey, Charlie! Happy Valentines Day!" She said when he walked in the door. She handed the card to him. It said: Happy Valentines Day, Charlie! All the chocolate stuff was gone from the stores, so I had to make cookies. They're in my locker, so I'll give them to you after school. They're chocolate chip. Your favorite.
   
   "Thanks, Lizzy. I can't wait to have those cookies. Did you get a valentine present?" He asked.
   She shook her head, "No, why would I? I'm your Valentine."
   "Oh, well, I sent you one. Did you not get it?"
   "No, maybe the mail people are taking a while to send all the valentines." He shrugged and turned to the teacher who had started talking.
   The class went by quickly for Charlie, and when it got out, he followed Lizzy to her locker for the cookies. They were golden brown with little chocolate chunks in them. Lizzy always made the best food. He gave two to her and walked to his locker. There, he grabbed his backpack, held the cookie box with both hands and walked outside. Charlie had told Lizzy to keep an eye out for a valentine in her mail box.

   The next day, he checked back in with Lizzy in music class.
   "Did you get anything?"
   "No, I didn't." his spirit fell to the ground. 
   "Are you sure?" he asked with a trembling voice.
   "Yes, I checked the mailbox three times." Charlie looked at his feet. Had he done something wrong? Lizzy put her hand reassuringly on his shoulder. "It's okay, Charlie. I'm not mad. I know you didn't forget about me and you tried." 
He looked up into her eyes. "Really?" Lizzy leaned over and quickly kissed his cheek. She looked back into his eyes.
   "Yes."
 
That was fun. I like it. Happy (late) Valentines day!<3 




   

2 comments: