Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Short Story Sunda...no, Thursday-#8

Another Writing Challenge

SORRY! I'm so late writing this. I've been extra busy with homework over-loads and just not enough time. I also wasted a whole ton of my time reading a really good book. Just because I'm late writing this story, I'm doing another one to make the people happy! In this one, I have to write about one of my fears. I have no idea how this is going to turn out. This probably won't be a story, be cause this challenge is more of a creative writing challenge than a short story challenge. Bare with me, OK?

My worst fear would have to be spiders. I know it's a common one, but they are extremely creepy. Eight legs. Beady eyes. Hairy. They could be anywhere and you would never notice. Gives me the shivers just thinking about it. Whenever I see a smudge on the wall, I freak out, because you never know! It could be a spider. Even though there is only a few species of spiders that can actually kill you, humans remain stubbornly afraid of them. I have come in contact wit these creatures multiple times, but I want to tell the world about the most memorable ones.

   The first one was when I was at the beach, and I was laying on my stomach a blanket on the sand with my legs outstretched on the blanket. The sun was shining bright in my eyes and my back was being scorched (or so it felt). Blue was all that the sky was. No clouds. My hands lifted up piles of the grainy sand and let it all run through my fingers like like a mini-waterfall of tiny rocks. Waves of sound rushed to my ears as waves of water rushed into the sandbar. What a perfect day to be at the beach.
   Then, I felt something on the back of my leg. It was a kind of ticklish feel. The feeling moved slowly up my leg and when it reached the back of my knee, I turned my head to see what it was. A spider. A great, big, brown spider half the size of my fist. Its long legs moving up and down, crawling up my leg. I screamed with great fright and brushed the spider off. I stood up from my comfortable spot and looked around. My dad was staring at me.
   "What's going on?" He didn't get an answer. I just stared at him. Well, I was really staring at his green beach chair. There had to be about six spiders on it.
   "D-dad...there's s-s-spiders on your chair." I choked.
   He stood, looked at the back of his chair and said, "Yup, there sure is. Go do something."
   I ran back to the beach house thinking, I can't stay there. It's infested by spiders. I saw plenty of spiders inside the beach house too. That beach was filled with spiders for the whole week we were there. *shivers*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   The next one I'm going to tell you happened before the first one. I was in fifth grade and I was safety-ing for the kindergartners. Being a safety means that you help out in your fifth grade year and you help the younger kids cross the road or you just help the little kids get into school and out of it. I help the kindergartners line up outside in the mornings. One day, my friend and I were talking by the doors, because we had already gotten them lined up. The sky was grey and we were pretty bored. Then my friend told me that I had something on my head. She pulled my head down to her face to see what is was and pushed me away.
   "What is it?" I almost yelled.
   "There's a spider on your head!" I didn't need anyone to say anything else. I instantly started running around screaming. I ran in circles around the kids thinking my my head that I might be able to fling it off me. Then, a thought came into my head and I stopped running.
   "Is this a trick?" I asked. I had had plenty of people tell me that I had a spider on my shoe and then make fun of me for freaking out. There were some "cool" kids helping at our safety post an I didn't want to make a fool of myself.
   "No. This is serious. Bend down and I'll take it off." I did as she said, but she was too scared to take it off. So, I got another girl to swish it quickly off the top of my head.
   By now, all the little kids were chanting, "Kill it, kill it!" So, the other girl stepped on it.

Now you know my worst interactions with my worst fear! Hope you enjoyed hearing these stories! I'm still sorry I fell so behind. It's all the teachers' faults for giving me so much homework!





No comments:

Post a Comment