Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Short Story Sunday-#4




Creative Writing Challenge

This week for SSS, I am going to attempt a creative writing challenge. For this challenge I am going to write a story with 26 sentences each starting with the next letter of the alphabet. This will most likely be not my best work, so be forewarned!



   A wish come true would have been nice. But if I could have chosen which wish, I wouldn't have be able to pick the right one. Chocolate for a lifetime or a pony? Daisy, my dog, was always so sweet and I wished I could keep her alive until I die, or do something to make her life better. Essentials for the homeless was another one of my wishes. Food for the hungry in Africa or world peace?
   Golly, I would have never been able to choose and I'm glad I didn't have to. Having this decision would have ruined everything. I would rather of had my best friend, Xia, get the choice. Jaw breakers used to be the only thing she wanted, but after her mom got sick she's been wished for her health ever since. Kidney failure had gripped her mom tightly when Xia and I were 13. Life for her mom was the only thing she wished for in those sad days.
   Mothers are the most important factor of life. Nourishing is their number one priority. Obstacles like kidney failure never stopped Xia's mom from trying to do her job and take care of her kids no matter what.
   People always tried to help Xia and make her feel better, but no one could relate to the thought of their own mother's life slipping from their fingers. Questions hit Xia from all directions. Rosa, her worst enemy, always asked if her mom was better or what disease she had and if it was contagious. She always answered as many questions as she could, but eventually she got frustrated and stopped answering all the questions.
   The main feeling I felt when her mom recovered (along with relief, and sympathy for Xia and her family) was pure happiness. Uncles and aunts and even cousins sent Xia and her family gifts (as if they didn't have enough from when she still was sick) and wished them happiness. Versions of the fight between a wonderful mother and kidney failure popped up everywhere. Warmth filled her house and made it seem like a cheerful place again. Xia was obviously much more happy and seemed much less dragged down by the worry and sadness. You might be thinking that Xia really did have a chance to have a wish come true, but she never told me. Zero doubts on that one, my friend.  : )

Whew! That was harder than I thought. It was fun though. I might try more things like this. Really gets those "creative juices" flowing!

 Tell me your thoughts in the comments please! Thank you!

5 comments:

  1. I like it India. The writing challenge seemed really hard. You should do more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am impressed. That is such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I was wondering if you found this on the internet, or if your are a relative or friend of India's. I am a friend of India's, and I was wondering if the web was starting to see this blog?

      Delete
    2. That's my mom. I'm cracking up now.

      Delete
  3. LOL NICE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete